How to buy One-Ticket
Step One: Choose your Ticket type
- Click on the Bus Journey Planner to the top left of this page or Travelarea Maps to see how many Travelareas your journey requires, and choose the ticket type you will need. For example, if you want to travel from South Queensferry into the centre of Edinburgh, you need a Travelarea 1a ticket.
- Choose your Ticket Duration
- Decide whether you want a day ticket, a 7 day ticket, a 28 day ticket or an annual ticket (annual tickets are only available by post or online order. Day tickets are unavailable online):
- Day tickets are widely available from PayPoint outlets (see PayPoint Agent Locator) as printed tickets for a pre-chosen date. They can be purchased up to 30 days ahead of the proposed date of travel.
- 7 day, 28 day and annual tickets – These tickets must be used in conjunction with a Photocard. (Get Photocard here) A PayPoint Agent can sell you a 7 or 28 day ticket if you have a Photocard, and the terminal will calculate the cost.
Step Three: Check the cost of your ticket
- You can find out the cost of your ticket by checking on Prices
Step Four: Purchase your ticket from a PayPoint Agent
- (see PayPoint Agent Locator) or buy online.