Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of our most common FAQ's
Please click on the links below to be taken to the corresponding FAQ. If you can't find the answer to your question you can get in contact with us here
To view our mobile app FAQ's please click here
- Where can I get more information on public transport timetabling in my area?
- Where can I get more information on One-Ticket, their products and prices?
- Where can I buy a BUS ONLY One-Ticket?
- What periods are covered by a BUS ONLY One-Ticket?
- Where can I buy a RAIL+BUS One-Ticket?
- What periods are covered by a RAIL+BUS One-Ticket?
- Do I need a photocard?
- If I buy a RAIL+BUS ticket, how can I use this on the bus?
- Can I insure my One-Ticket season ticket?
- What happens if I have my ticket stolen, damaged or I lose it?
- What happens if I decide to return my One-Ticket as I no longer wish to use it?
- Can I use my One-Ticket on the Edinburgh Tram system?
- I have not received my BUS ONLY ticket that I purchased online?
- I have not received my BUS ONLY ticket that I purchased by post (cheque)?
- Where is my nearest PayPoint outlet?
- What are the travel areas that best suits my needs?
- What do the various One-Ticket products cost?
- My One-Ticket has been issued to me with the incorrect details on it. How can I get this rectified?
- My personal details have changed. How can I get this changed on the One-Ticket database?
- I have a BUS ONLY annual ticket and wish to upgrade this to a RAIL+BUS annual ticket part way through the year. Can I do this?
- I have an Annual One-Ticket and wish to upgrade my ticket. Can I do so?
- Where do I send any One-Ticket correspondence too?
- Who do I make cheques or postal orders payable too?
- Are there any Junior or Senior Citizen concessions available?
- When new services become available, how can I find out about these?
- Which Debit and Credit cards can be used to purchase One-Ticket online?
- Who are the participating public transport operators?
- Where are the exact boundaries between the travelareas?
- Who can use a child ticket?
A: Call Traveline on 0871 200 22 33; visit travelinescotland.com; or download the Traveline App.
A: Visit the website at one-ticket.co.uk; or call the hotline on 0845 055 1770.
A: These are available via our Mobile App (details on website), from PayPoint outlets including CityLink and Lothian Buses Travelshops (visit our website for a full list of locations) or buy online at one-ticket.co.uk. Annual tickets are only available directly from One-Ticket Limited (details on website).
A: Tickets can be purchased for 1-day, 7-days, 28-days and Annually.
A: These are only available from rail station ticket offices.
A: Tickets can be purchased for a Week, Month and Annually.
A: Yes, for all tickets EXCEPT Day tickets. BUS ONLY ID’s are available by uploading a passport style photograph (colour) to our Mobile App, to our website www.one-ticket.co.uk or if a RAIL+BUS product via a rail station booking office. The photo ID card is different for these two products.
A: Your ticket clearly shows the RAIL journey element between your selected rail zone station and Edinburgh, and the BUS element is indicated by the appropriate travelarea number, e.g. Markinch 4 & Edinburgh.
A: There are commercially available insurance policies for loss of cash, credit/debit cards and travel season tickets and we strongly recommend that you insure your season ticket against theft, damage or loss.
A: Try the police or transport operator’s lost property first of all. You should then seek recourse from your insurer.
A: All One-Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
A: Yes. From Sunday 30th August 2020, all One Ticket holders eligible to travel in the Edinburgh SMARTZone have access to the city's tram system between Edinburgh City Centre and Ingliston Park & Ride.
A: It should take no more than 3-4 working days to process and issue your ticket.
A: Cheques can take up to 7 working days to clear and tickets will not be issued until the cheque has cleared. It should take no more than 10 working days to process and issue your ticket.
A: Visit our Where To Buy page and click on the “PayPoint Agent Locator” option.
A: Visit our Travelarea Maps page and look at our product (BUS only or RAIL+BUS) maps. Our products, principally, work on travel to/from Edinburgh. You choose the product from your initial “home” destination to Edinburgh.
A: Visit our One-Ticket Prices page.
A: All products should be verified by you at point of issue. If at a PayPoint outlet, please ask them to rectify this immediately. If by website or post, please email us. If at a Rail station, please ask the ticket office to rectify this immediately.
A: Try amending your own details on our website. Alternatively, email us.
A: Contact One-Ticket on firstname.lastname@example.org.
A: Yes. Contact One-Ticket. Please note, tickets cannot be downgraded.
A: One-Ticket Limited, PO Box 14193, Edinburgh EH33 9AH
A: One-Ticket Limited
A: We will ensure that our website and social media are always up to date.
A: All the main ones are accepted except American Express.
A: Visit our Participating Operators page.
A: See the Boundary Points document.
A: Children between 5 and 15 inclusive pay the Child fare. Passengers using a Child ticket on a bus may be required to prove their age – a Young Scot Card is a free card for young people and provides that proof for those aged 11-15 and should be presented to the driver if requested.