One Ticket Limited
If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register for an account using our app and/or website. For registered accounts, this may include your name, address, mobile phone number, email address and a photograph, if required.
When you board or leave a vehicle, we may also capture the time of boarding and your approximate location. This will, of course, be the same as the location of the vehicle that you are boarding at the time – we never collect your private location when you are not traveling with us.
Website visit metrics
When you use our website, we may create a cookie. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
Like most websites, we use a monitoring application, Google Analytics (GA), to collate and analyse certain statistical information about the use of this website. When you visit our website, data such as the following is retained about that visit:
· your geographical location.
· your device.
· your operating system; and
· the name of the browser used, e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer.
Purposes of Processing
We will use personal data relating to you for the purposes of:
· to provide you with the services for which you pay.
· to provide you with customer service help.
· improving and developing our app and/or website.
· generating and analysing statistics regarding usage of our app and/or website.
· fraud prevention, investigation and detection.
How do we keep your information secure?
We use a range of technical and organisational security measures to ensure that your data is stored and transmitted securely. These include:
- Prevention of unauthorised access to data via password protection and other means
- Protection of personal data using pseudonymisation where it is practical to do so
- Securing the transfer and storage of data
- Having in place methods for detecting and dealing with breaches of security
- Having a secure method of disposal of unwanted Personal Data
How will we use the information about you?
Ticketing and right to travel
We collect information about you for the purpose of processing your orders and delivering them to you via your mobile device or website. This is a legitimate interest so that we can perform the tasks that you would reasonably expect from us to help you to purchase tickets and travel around.
In some cases, we use the final part of your email address (the part after the ‘@’ symbol) to verify that you are a member of a company or organisation. We do this in cases where usage of an app, or a particular ticket, is restricted. For example, we could do this to offer discounted tickets to persons with a hospital (NHS) email address.
We collect information about your boarding and alighting vehicles to help provide transport operators with anonymised statistics about how passengers are using their network, so they can improve their service to you.
Discounted travel and Marketing Communications
Subject to your consent, we also collect information to enable us to contact you about additional products and offers such as cheaper transport tickets.
How can I Opt Out?
Opting out of boarding location sharing
You may opt out of sharing your location with us by denying permission to use your location when asked to do so within the app. This does not apply to paper products.
Opting out of alighting location sharing
You may opt out of sharing the fact that you have left a vehicle in the following ways: (i) you may disable this feature in the ‘My Account’ page of the app. (ii) You may deny permission to use Bluetooth when asked to do so within the app (Android only). (iii) You can temporarily opt out by disabling Bluetooth on your device.
Opting out of marketing
You have a right to stop us at any time from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com
Who we share this data with
- Transport operators, for the purposes of relaying your feedback, and providing you with customer service communications. For example, if you contact us to request a refund, we may forward this request to the transport company who carried you.
- Our authorised payment processing companies, for the purposes of verifying your identity so that we can take payment for your orders. These may include Stripe Inc, Elavon and PayPal.
- We will also send your personal data to our web hosting company, Amazon Web Services Inc for the purposes of processing the data and storing it securely.
How long will we store your data for?
We will store your account data for as long as you continue to hold your account. If an account has been dormant for more than two years, we may also review this account and decide to close it on your behalf. If an account is closed, either by you or by us, any of your personally identifiable information will be removed within six months of the date of closure.
How to access, amend, or delete your information
You have the right to obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like to do this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct information you think is inaccurate or use our apps or website to correct this information yourself. If you would like to do this, please email us at email@example.com
You have the right to request erasure (deletion) of your personal data. If you would like to do this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a complaint about the way in which we have stored or processed your personal data, we encourage you to contact us in the first instance so that we can work with you to resolve this. You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How to contact us
Via your App
While using our App, tap on the ‘Help and Support’ button to visit our help pages. Tap on the ‘contact us’ link to get in touch.
Send an email to privacy at email@example.com
Or write to us at: One Ticket Limited, PO Box 14193, Edinburgh EH33 9AH